Jules' Inklings

A space for the unique assortment of topics that I find interesting, relevant or funny. But rarely all three at once.

Friday, August 08, 2008

08.08.08
The most amazing thing in the whole world just happened. This is the kind of thing you get in email forward and you think - that really happened?

The company I work for, Cre8tive Group, is having a big party tonight to celebrate 08/08/08. Thanks to our name, the 8 is pretty important around here. With this momentous date falling on a Friday, in the middle of the summer, and with the Olympics starting tonight, a party was pretty much in order. It's going to be chinese-themed (thank you China for your food, no thanks for Communism), we're broadcasting the opening ceremonies on a big screen outside, having Olympic-themed games, etc. It's gonna be great.

Well, Amy, my boss's wife, just called me.

Amy: You have to get over here, right away.
Me: Is anything wrong? You need me right now?
Amy: Just come over right now.

I hang up and brainstorm the whole way over there, trying to imagine what it could possibly be. As I walked into the house, I remembered that I had ordered the cake for the party tonight two days ago and Amy's dad was going to pick it up today. I ordered a FULL sheet cake (that's a big cake, people) with the Olympic rings prominently displayed in the middle. I thought my instructions were pretty clear.

Everyone smirking, they ushered me over to the cake, where I see in large red writing down the middle:

("Olympics Rings")

Yes, the parentheses and quotation marks are also ON THE CAKE. I laughed and laughed, while Chad snapped picture after picture - of the cake, of Amy being mad about the cake, of Amy on the phone with the bakery looking really mad about the cake. Needless to say, they are making us a whole new cake. But, never fear, the original will still be there, for everyone's immense enjoyment.



Fantastic blog, and not just because our cake made it on there: Cake Wrecks.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home