Jules' Inklings

A space for the unique assortment of topics that I find interesting, relevant or funny. But rarely all three at once.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What Was That?
Thoughts from Week 17
I think I felt my baby move for the first time. I had just gotten home from a brisk walk, where I ran for 5 minutes at the end. With the humidity, it only took me about 2 minutes into my running jaunt to start sweating profusely and my face to flare up bright red. Whew, am I glad I’m not out there trying to make a couple of miles of running happen.

So I had been home for about 10 minutes, was chatting with Andy in the kitchen while he made dinner, and I had just sat down on the couch with a tall glass of ice water and my book. After a few minutes I felt the most curious sensation in my abdomen. It was so unique to anything I had ever felt before, I actually started to giggle and couldn’t wipe the smile off my face. Suddenly everyone else's descriptions of bubbles, flutters, and butterflies all seemed to make sense. It lasted 5-7 seconds, maybe. I’ve decided not to tell anyone else what I think until it happens again (and again and again) and I know for sure that that was my baby I felt. But man, was it cool. I cannot wait for it to happen again! A few hours later, I couldn't help myself. I looked over at Andy and with a grin said, I have a secret. ☺

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home