Jules' Inklings

A space for the unique assortment of topics that I find interesting, relevant or funny. But rarely all three at once.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Dog Tired
Hurley and Elsa's first race! On May 31st, the Jessamine County Humane Society hosted a 5K at nearby Camp Nelson. A bunch of friends came out and ran. In the spirit of the event, you could also run the race with your dog. Andy ran with Elsa and, with me not feeling up for a race and feeling chintzy about the entry fee, Hurley ran with our friend Renee. I cheered on my babies. :)

About a mile in, the first time they passed us. Elsa is looking tired already. Hurley was as bouncy as ever.




Andy and Elsa approaching the finish line. Andy said she was dragging a little, but picked up the pace when she recognized me. Look at that tongue! They were the second human/dog pair to finish.


Peter and me running Hurley (and Renee) into the finish. Look at him looking over at me! Hey mom, look at me! I was so proud.


The whole group of us that were there. Our friend Kris was here from Germany for our friend Clarissa's wedding (later that day), and she wanted to run a local race. Elissa, in the red hat, was the third female overall to finish and several others placed in their age group. Everyone who ran received a door prize of some sort.


The most well-behaved dogs: tired ones.


Happy Family (plus one you can't see).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home