Jules' Inklings

A space for the unique assortment of topics that I find interesting, relevant or funny. But rarely all three at once.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cravings and Fillings
Thoughts from Week 22
Last night, right after work, Andy and I went to the gym together, for the first time in a long time. We just hadn’t been doing a good job coordinating our trips. I did 35 minutes on the elliptical and got off with the thought that maybe I would lift a few weights until Andy was ready to go. By the time I stretched and drank some water, I realized I was exhausted! Like, lay down on the floor right there exhausted. I looked at Andy for the head nod. Good, he was ready to go too.

We got home where Andy made us a bunch of spaghetti with meat sauce and a Caesar salad. I had plenty to fill me up, although not what I would call a ridiculous amount. I didn’t get heartburn or any other nasty side effect. But for the rest of the night, all the way up until going to bed, my belly was so full and stretched out tight! I felt 30 weeks pregnant – not that I know what that feels like. I laid in bed, feeling like my stomach would explode at any moment, thinking – I have 18 more weeks of this?? I am relieved this morning to have it feel somewhat normal again.

Also, Andy told me yesterday that I looked as big as some women do when they’re about to give birth. Despite what I just said about feeling like I would explode, I knew my stomach looked the same as it had. So, I told him this wasn’t true, although my relatively expert opinion on such matters does not always register with him. Boy, is he in for a shock.

It is Friday. I am eating a chocolate chip cookie Angie brought me back from the bank. (I love First Southern.) It is so good. I could eat twelve more. It fills me with the desire to spend entire the weekend in the kitchen making baked goods and eating them all. Interspersed with ball park nachos smothered in cheese. Literally. I have these desires regularly. Luckily, I usually don't act on them. In fact, despite of having thoughts of how good some nachos would be off and on for a few months now, I have yet to reach the point of desperation where I HAVE to go find some. Maybe one of these days, nachos will present themself to me, and they will taste so, so good.

This week our baby is the size of a spaghetti squash. Spaghetti, hmph. How ironic.

2 Comments:

  • At 7/29/2008 1:00 PM, Blogger JCo said…

    I simply love reading these journal entries Julie! Thanks for sharing and letting us get a glimpse of what this journey is like for you.

     
  • At 8/30/2008 10:48 PM, Blogger The Fiskeaux Family said…

    Just in case you'd like a "freak me out" frame of reference for Andy, here I am at 23w5d, whereas here I am at 39w5d. (Gee, do I look tired by then?) My weight gain with Caspian was spot-on textbook perfect. One bonus: no need for a TV tray.

    FYI: Here's our pregnancy blog from Caspian. If you haven't already, definitely check out the Baby Bargains book. It is a HUGE money-saver.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home