Jules' Inklings

A space for the unique assortment of topics that I find interesting, relevant or funny. But rarely all three at once.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

When Life Throws You a Curveball
I was definitely not supposed to be here, doing this, today. By all accounts, I should be at work right now, thrilled that it's 4:30 and the work day is almost over. I should be chewing on a Tums and waddling out to my car in a little bit, thinking about how great it will be to lay around on the couch all night because I'm exhausted. I should be wondering if Wednesday is too early to start saying I'm 38 weeks, if I don't actually turn 38 weeks until Sunday. I should be thinking - one more day down.

Instead, I am 5 days post partum. Instead of counting down the days, I'm counting the minutes he's been eating, and the hours til the next feeding. I'm waddling, but that's thanks to the emergency c-section I had last Friday afternoon. Instead of reaching for my Tums, it's the Oxycodin. I'm still exhausted, but, well you can imagine why.

After working a half-day last Friday, an appointment at my OB’s office to check my rising blood pressure turned into a fair amount of resulting drama. Before I had time to blink, and within minutes of my husband arriving at the hospital, I was celebrating the birth of my son, Jesse Cole, at 5:22 PM. There are lots of pictures I could show, but instead here’s a selection, one for every day of his life so far. Like everyone ever told me or warned me, I feel an overwhelming amount of worry and love every time I look into this face.

Day Zero


Day One


Day Two


Day Three


Day Four


Day Five

3 Comments:

  • At 10/24/2008 9:40 AM, Blogger JCo said…

    Wow, I think Jessie looks sooo much like Andy in the last picture!

    Thinking of you guys. :-) Hope you are settling in.

     
  • At 10/24/2008 1:02 PM, Blogger Pete said…

    I saw that last picture and thought the very same thing. He does look like Andy.

    I also like the cool shirts he has started wearing recently. He looks all ready for Christmas time

     
  • At 10/27/2008 3:34 PM, Blogger Andy, Rachel, Christopher, and Kaela said…

    Ha! Amazing. There's nothing quite as unpredictable as children, for sure. Glad to hear that you and the little guy are doing so well. God bless!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home