Jules' Inklings

A space for the unique assortment of topics that I find interesting, relevant or funny. But rarely all three at once.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

36 Weeks
I haven't quite mastered this whole self-portrait thing yet. The camera is always such a prominent part of the picture. I was really anticipating getting to this point in pregnancy. In my mind, I thought that 36 weeks would finally sound really far along. Far enough along that I'd finally be allowed to look "full-term." But STILL people look at me, ask me how much longer, and then reply, "Oh still a month?" or "That's a long time!" Worse than these comments are the look that some give me, clearly trying to restrain themselves. Who can imagine what these comments might be if voiced? Apparently they think I should be delivering tomorrow. Ugh. I should have learned this already. When you are pregnant, some people can just be ridiculous. This is well-documented. Why should I be any different? There are plenty - many more - for whom a month practically is tomorrow. "Oooh, it's almost here!!" they squeal. I really like these people.



As you can kind of see in the background above, we got our baby cage - aka Pack 'n' Play - (thanks 8G ladies!) and have it set up in our room. Here's a better shot. We plan on having him sleep in the bassinet portion in our room when he is a newborn. Because we wanted a PNP anyways, we thought that by using the bassinet that comes with it, we'd save money and room by not buying a separate bassinet or co-sleeper.



P.S. Happy 60th Birthday Mum! I remember you signing a note you had left by my bed, "Love, Your 40-year-old Mum." You're still that young to me.

2 Comments:

  • At 10/12/2008 9:49 PM, Blogger Debbie said…

    I like the looks of this pack and play. Nice design too w/ the bassinet part. Oh the amazing baby things these days. ;)

     
  • At 10/12/2008 9:53 PM, Blogger Debbie said…

    Oh, and re: the tummy. Do you realize that most of your photos have a dark shirt with a dark background? White shirt dark background? Dark shirt,light background? :)

    And....I keep thinking every day..., this could be the day! :)

    Two weeks from now would probably be better, and sigh...I suppose 4 is the best. But not ONE day over, right? :)

    And...it doesn't look he has dropped yet. May as well wait until then because things move along better when he starts out all ready.

    Come baby come! We are anxiously awaiting your arrival! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home