Jules' Inklings

A space for the unique assortment of topics that I find interesting, relevant or funny. But rarely all three at once.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Mary Poppins, Part Deux
I've been in a bit of a funk lately and I really can't pinpoint what the source might be. I love being married, I have no problem with turning 30, spring is here, leaving the Bluegrass much prettier than how it found it, and work has been decidedly less drama-filled of late. And yet, I find myself at weird moments - at midnight washing poo off my dog after a "mishap" outside; in the shower in the morning convincing myself that there is a solution to the things that have been stumping me; or simply on my way to work - feeling undeniably overwhelmed and sad.

This afternoon, I decided I needed a little count your blessings moment. I've done a "favorite things" list on here before and while I really enjoyed that, I didn't want to rehash all the same things. However, it occurred to me that some things in my life have changed since the last time (huge understatement). Here's a non-exhaustive list of some of my new favorites. Again, the ground rules: there's nothing profound on here, so lower your expectations now and no making fun of all the food items.

Fruit and yogurt parfaits and coffee from McDonald’s
Wedding pictures
Hurley’s leaping and bounding
Elsa’s “smile”
Andy’s cooking
One for the Thumb
Guacamole from Kroger
Wireless internet
All new episodes of Lost
New houses
Home is an idea, not a physical place
Seasons of The Office on DVD
Wrinkles near his eyes when my husband smiles
Double dates with XT and Jay
Planning vacations with Andy
Highbridge Spring Water
TLC (the cable channel)
“Welcome to the Black Parade” by My Chemical Romance
Club 3-0
Andy’s spring landscaping
Sugar-free Jello chocolate pudding (it’s just as good as the regular!)
Races
Small Group, 2.0
Pregnant friends with BIG ol’ bellies
608
Amanda's quoteboard
Going from no sisters to three (all in-law)
A whole new family to love
Smokey Mountains
“Fight pain with love”
Crossing things off my to-do list

2 Comments:

  • At 4/13/2007 11:14 AM, Blogger BAC said…

    Julie,
    Maybe the individual items aren't profound, but I'll bet the sum of the parts got you out of your funk.
    Uncle Joe

     
  • At 5/23/2007 2:49 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    YES! I made the blog, or at least my quoteboard did which is close enough :). Pictures are also certainly high on my happy list.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home