Jules' Inklings

A space for the unique assortment of topics that I find interesting, relevant or funny. But rarely all three at once.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

"I'm Country"
Enough with all the dogs. Let's get down to the good stuff. Like the Britney Spears interview with Matt Lauer on Dateline. I didn't catch the train wreck myself, but according to my co-worker (my informant on all such matters), the only thing keeping her from displaying her privates to poor Matt was her big, pregnant belly hanging down over, er, them. Not pretty. Not prettty at all, Brit.


3 Comments:

  • At 6/22/2006 3:49 PM, Blogger CGrim said…

    heh, train wreck reminds me - I heard someone on the radio today saying, "How do you get hit by a train? If you're driving around in your car, how do you possibly manage to get hit by a freakin train? Don't tell me you didn't see it coming! Are you not familiar with what a train is?? It's an apartment building, on wheels! And it can only hit you if you're on the tracks! How could you not see it? Did you miss the big freakin pole coming down, and the obnoxious flashing lights?? Clang, clang, clang, train's coming, moron! The way I see it, if you get hit by a train, it's God's way of saying it's time for you to go."


    umm... somewhere in there, there's a metaphor for Britney Spears.

     
  • At 6/22/2006 5:11 PM, Blogger Jules said…

    To be senstiive to anyone who has ever lost a loved one in such a horrific way, please note that Andy didn't actually say that himself.

    I think the lesson for Britney, however, is that we all saw this coming a mile away. She didn't because she had her proverbial eyes squeezed tightly shut, singing at the top of her lungs lyrics such as "I know I may be young, but I’ve got feelings too. And I need to do what I feel like doing. So let me go and just listen."

    Uh, no Britney, YOU listen... to the big frackin' train coming your way.

     
  • At 6/29/2006 2:51 PM, Blogger CGrim said…

    more Britney: http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,19631299%255E2902,00.html

    especially the last sentence: "Her hands and legs were placed to protect her modesty." it might be a bit late for that, I think...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home