Jules' Inklings

A space for the unique assortment of topics that I find interesting, relevant or funny. But rarely all three at once.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Black and Gold and White


Steeler game, Dec 11, 2005
Originally uploaded by Jules Verne.

December Steeler football in the snow... it really doesn't get much better than that. Of course winning helps, A LOT. Coming in and handling the 9-3 Bears like champs did a lot to restore my faith in their season. Now, I didn't jump ship before this game, but let's just say I've been more grumpy than usual. And not just in the mornings (beat you all to it).


This would be a great time to plug my new favorite blog. I'm not really one to spend time reading blogs from people I don't know. I spend enough time on the internet as it is. But I stumbled across this one after Google-ing a particular Steeler story (Maddox trash in lawn situation). This guy (I have no idea who he is) writes about his three favorite teams: the Boston Red Sox, the UNC Tarheels, and, of course, the Steelers. Being the time of year that it is, he's been mostly talking about the Steelers. He's funny, passionate, smart, and humble enough to say he's really not that smart. If you're a Steeler fan, you'll feel like you've made a new friend after just one post.

http://heelssoxsteelers.blogspot.com

Excerpt from December 6th:
By the way, I'm slowing turning into all that I hate about sports fanatics. Leading up to Sunday's game, all I could think was that, because of Ben's myriad injuries, there was a 100 percent chance Maddox would see the field. I then spent the game yelling at most every play call, and almost every player on the Steelers. After the game I felt like Jimmy Swaggart after he got caught at that Motel 6 with a hooker: embarrassed by my actions, and worried that all the crying as I repented would create a mini-climate super humidified in the general vicinity of my head, and totally wreak havoc with all the hairspray keeping my wig in place. OK, maybe not quite that bad -- or weird -- but I do hate those fans whose sole purpose it seems, is to complain about their team under every circumstance. And even though I didn't get caught with a hooker, I feel obliged to apologize to the Steelers organization for my behavior. So there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home