Jules' Inklings

A space for the unique assortment of topics that I find interesting, relevant or funny. But rarely all three at once.

Friday, April 09, 2004

Friday Something
That is what my boss's 8 year old son, John Paul, said the other day when trying to remember what we call Good Friday. So cute.

I find it curious that we are working a half day today. Yes, I work at a Christian magazine, Good News. Who was it that thought, you know, let's not give our employees ALL of Good Friday off? A half day should do it for one of the top three most important days for our entire faith-base. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday? By all means, let's take off the whole day! Labor Day? Well we've got to make our jello pretzel salad in the morning, don't we? As for today, they may as well have said, hey, why don't we all gather at the office in the morning and surf the internet as a "community?"

I'm also getting jipped out of all my vacation days by working two jobs. Good News has MLK Jr's birthday off, but Cre8tive Group doesn't. Cre8tive Group has off today, but I still had to get up to come to Good News.

But I'm not complaining. Just an observation. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home