Jules' Inklings

A space for the unique assortment of topics that I find interesting, relevant or funny. But rarely all three at once.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Back to Life, Back to Reality
My first non-football related post for awhile. It’s taken me the better part of a week to realize that life that does not revolve around football does exist. I was pretty out of it there for awhile (shakes head to clear the fog).

While the northeast was swimming waist-deep in snow, we managed to scrape out 3 to 4 inches of the white stuff ourselves. Not too bad for the bluegrass. If there’s another color besides bright green that I love to see our rolling hills and horse farms bathed in, it’s brilliant white. In fact, I can’t decide which one I like more. I’m glad I don’t have to pick, but live in a place that offers me both.


Horizontal Snow

Amazingly, while the snow clung to every branch and bush, it melted the instant it hit the roads. So, don’t fret kids, my weekend plans were in no way hindered. I know you were worried. This isn’t a great picture, but when I got home Saturday night, I realized that the extra little bit of snow we had received that evening seemed to come in horizontally and stay there. I’m not sure how that happened because I don't remember it being especially windy. My whole neighborhood looked like this though.


Vanessa and Mr. Snowman

When Vanessa (my little sister) came over on Sunday she asked me if we could go outside and build a snowman. Besides neither one of us having the proper clothes with which to roll around in the wet snow, I explained to her that while I used to love being outside in the snow as a kid, as an adult I preferred to stay inside, nice and cozy, and watch it. Whoa… did that come out of my mouth? Who loves the snow as much as me and doesn’t like to play in it? And why? Because I didn’t feel like being wet and cold? What happened to my childlike enthusiasm? I felt bad for awhile, but decided that I probably have enough childlike qualities that I can let this one slide. And before you think I'm too cruel, she had spent the entire day before outside with her brothers and sisters making a huge snowman. Instead we made valentine’s cookies and played Monopoly. She was satisfied to make me the cutest little snowman on my back deck. Don’t mind his “right eye.” We had to do a quick surgery (his head fell off just before I tried to take the picture), which left him looking a little more worse for wear. I think it gives him character.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home