Jules' Inklings

A space for the unique assortment of topics that I find interesting, relevant or funny. But rarely all three at once.

Monday, January 31, 2005

The Soundtrack of My Life
My not-so-secret dream in life is to have background music following me around all the time. Just in case my super interesting life is ever turned into the next blockbuster, I'm already prepared with the appropriate soundtrack. Each of the songs both somewhat represent that time in my life (either by lyrics, title or association) and was also popular during that general timeframe. Well, for the most part--I don't really remember my birth, I just had to pick something appropriate. Two things for you to comment on: What would be on YOUR soundtrack? and (more importantly) What should the name of my movie be?

Soundtrack to The Life and Times of an Average Girl
Birth... Daughters, John Mayer / Dare You to Move, Switchfoot
Early childhood... Glory Days, Bruce Springsteen
Cory is born... Let’s Hear It for the Boy, Deniece Williams
Summer, playing with my Dad and brothers... Summer of 69, Bryan Adams
Late Childhood... Don't Stop Believin', Journey
Early Jr. High... Hangin’ Tough, New Kids on the Block (or anything by them)
Late Jr. High... Forever Young, Alphaville
Early High School... Smells Like Teen Spirit, Nirvana
Late High School... When I Come Around, Green Day
Freshman year... Name, Goo Goo Dolls
Sophomore year... Wonderwall, Oasis
Junior year... Doing Time, MxPx
Senior year... Good Riddance (Time of Your Life), Green Day
Spring Breaks... MmmBop, Hanson
Post-college... All-Star, Smash Mouth
Moving... The Old Apartment, Barenaked Ladies
Love... In Your Eyes, Peter Gabriel
Hurt... I Will Survive, Cake
Running... Dream On, Aerosmith/ Breathe, Michelle Branch
Driving/Car Trips... Wide Open Spaces, Dixie Chicks
Pap's funeral... For the Moments I Feel Faint, Relient K / Blessed Be Your Name, Matt Redman
Pittsburgh... We Are Family, Sister Sledge
Kentucky... Will I Ever Make It Home, Ingram Hill
Right Now... I Don’t Wanna Be, Gavin DeGraw

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home