Jules' Inklings

A space for the unique assortment of topics that I find interesting, relevant or funny. But rarely all three at once.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

London Calling
My prayers go out for the London community on this day. Through the magic of the internet, I've been streaming alternatively the BBC and Virgin Radio UK most of the day while I work. The BBC provides the professional news voice on the matter, while listening to Virgin gives you more of an "ear to the ground" version of regular people like you and me dealing with the tragedy that just rocked their lives. Listening in, it's kind of a trip to be so connected to a community so far away. Half-way across the world, but really so close, their voices right here in my Kentucky office. Tragedies happen every single day in our world, but they are often so far removed from my little sphere, they barely effect me--if at all. Feeling especially close to Londoners today, know that I am praying for you.

Sometimes everything is wrong. Now it’s time to sing along.
When your day is night alone, hold on.
If you feel like letting go, hold on.
When you think you’ve had too much of this life, well hang on.

Cause everybody hurts. Take comfort in your friends.
Everybody hurts. Don’t throw your hand.
If you feel like you’re alone. No you are not alone.

If you’re on your own in this life, the days and nights are long.
When you think you’ve had too much of this life to hang on.

Well, everybody hurts sometimes.
Everybody cries. And everybody hurts sometimes.
So, hold on.
Everybody hurts. You are not alone.


- R.E.M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home